22 Ways to Become Spectacularly Inspirational

1. Do important work vs. merely offering opinions.

2. Lift people up vs. tear others down.

3. Use the words of leadership vs. the language of victimhood.

4. Don’t worry about getting the credit for getting things done.

5. Become part of the solution rather than part of the problem.

6. Take your health to a level called superfit.

7. Commit to mastery of your craft instead of accepting mediocrity in your work.

8. Associate with people whose lives you want to be living.

9. Study for an hour a day. Double your learning and you’ll triple your success.

10. Run your own race. “No one can possibly achieve real and lasting success by being a conformist,” wrote billionaire J. Paul Getty

11. Do something small yet scary every single day.

12. Lead Without a Title.

13. Focus on people’s strengths vs. obsessing around their weaknesses.

14. Remember that potential unused turns into pain. So dedicate yourself to expressing your best.

15. Smile more.

16. Listen more.

17. Read the autobiography of Nelson Mandela.

18. Reflect on the words of Eleanor Roosevelt who said: “Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

19. Persist longer than the critics suggest you should.

20. Say “please” and “thank you”.

21. Love your loved ones.

22. Do work that matters.

61 Responses to “22 Ways to Become Spectacularly Inspirational”

1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Robin Sharma, Tracy Moen, Soul Tweets, Helen Williamson, Jamie Gonzalez and others. Jamie Gonzalez said: RT @_robin_sharma: 22 Ways to Become Spectacularly Inspirational: http://bit.ly/g3emRd [...]

2. Sukhi says:

This is awesome! I love how much value you provide. # 18 has been my mantra for the past several years, the transformations have been amazing.

Be well!

3. [...] baggage. Personally, I spent a lot of the early part of 2010 in that place. I read a blog post by Robin Sharma the other day. One of his 22 ways to become spectacularly inspirational was Use words of leadership [...]

4. Meg Meh P says:

Hi
    Thanks a tonne for sharing this…
    Please advise some more books one must read like the autobiography of nelson mandela.. I do not know anyone to ask for books like these… and now I think I have found someone who can truly guide me. Please suggest me some great books like this…
    Thanks again..

5. Lesego says:

After reading th monk who sold hi Ferrari, I made a promise that i will recommend and the books to my friends and buy them as gifts. In return rhey will ahve to recommend it to someone and buy that as gift as well So we have formed a chain that today has 12 members. The whole process started in December 2010.

Great books.

6. Krishna says:

Thanks, these tips are like reminders and also some of them are eye opener. These tips helps to stay focussed and grow. I really find it very useful.

7. magda tua says:

soy venezolana y no se hablar ingles y quisiera saber como hacer para ponerme en contacto con Ud.lo necesito urgente .gracias

8. arunima vj says:

this is so good ! thanks a lot !

9. Kamal Aziz says:

Hi Robin, I always find your article very informative and never lack of inspirational words. You are the master of giving people the inner strenght that all of us need. Thank you.

10. anusha says:

thanks robin sir.i am a btech student.your books the monk who sold his ferrai, megaliving are superb.the points are extra ordinary.they act as mantra on us.

11. Ravichandran says:

Thank you Robin for building up leaders. Your speeches are simply superb, just keep leading us.

12. Mohan Kumar Joshi says:

Thank you Robin Sir, i really inspired about reading your blogs, books and also free videos of your seminas. I wish to beg your attention that i really like and also motivate peoples sorrounded with me and in my life i remembered that i have motivated and guided peoples who were sidened their way and they infact does not know what to do and ho to do because they are not having any goals, once i met them they really inspired and now a days some of them got lot of success in their particular field. My request you also include your blogs to such peoples whom positivity level have been worsened day by and they make their excuses using the word “if” and luck. may i request you kind heart that i also would like to write some blogs which are just as crude oil and if you find it is having good levels they may please be refined and make the particals of sand as pearl. Kindly let me know how to send my blogs to your mail. thanks

13. Bhupinder Singh says:

Thanks Robin for sharing extraordinary wisdom with us and changing our life.
    The day i have read your book “Monk Who Sold His Ferrari” , i am totally changed person. Thanks again for your guidance.

14. raghu says:

iam very lucky because of knowing and reading of wonderful inspirational thoughts of robinsharma

15. kuwasa says:

much interesting! Thank u!

16. I had halfway accustomed outlast my search, at-last I found the lore. here. Thx dominion that the good hike playmate.

17. Hello I love your article and it was so fabulous and I’m gonna bookmark it. One thing to say the Indepth evaluation this text has is vastly remarkable.No one goes that further mile today? Bravo! Just another tip you caninstall a Translator Application on your Worldwide Viewers !

18. It’s actually a great and useful piece of info. I’m glad that you shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

19. It’s the best time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I’ve read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you few interesting things or tips. Maybe you can write next articles referring to this article. I desire to read more things about it!

20. I could not regard my eyesight instantly disaffect the deserved cheer. belonging content material provided wholly. maintain It Up.

21. This is a short publish to state, very merely, thanks a ton. I’ve had an opportunity to catch up on this put up and the feedback today and I’m really grateful for knowing the content of this blog

22. Robin Sharma…. A name that i think and i think of possibilities… Dont know how to praise such a big personality…
    Can just say that Robin Sharma is the only Robin Sharma…

23. Gavin_Ooi says:

I like #18.

Cheers, from M’sia

24. juliemarg says:

Thank you so much! I am so blessed to be able to read such Inspirational and Motivational Quotes…

25. Anuraj C.P ( Aspiring Anuraj ) says:

Thanks a lot Robin !!!!!

26. ramsurrun m says:

dear sir…u r really a genious.it worked.thx.

27. Kiran says:

Thank you!

28. Viv says:

Thank you for the inspiration! I love #22

29. I am feeling really lucky that i am able to read your article.
    you are just outstanding ,the way you write and tell people it is really extraordinary .

Thank you very much ….

30. Raj says:

Robin Sharma’s books contain wisdom of sage and practical man. Though he suggests planning, he does not deny the truth of this moment.

31. Raj says:

Robin Sharma is an interesting writer. Some years ago, this man read one of his books ,while travelling in a train to the south of India. ‘The Monk….’ The direct style and the inspirational quality of the content were appealing. The protagonist’s climbs on the ladder of life and his bathetic fall and the quest for meanhng were presented adorably. In a row, I read three of his books. They all proclaimed good visions of change. Further, one thing Mr.Sharma carried with other writers of his class was the emphasis on affirmations. Is it not in a way creating one more pseudo reality instead of facing reality right now? This writer would be happy to hear his opinion on this, in the broad spectrum of life. Thank you.

32. SAPTARA says:

He is the one of the Guiding stars..who are really showing us the Way….

33. Feven says:

Thanks

34. Ram says:

If there is only one good thing to do while being online, then it should be reading Robin’s writings and blogs. Thanks man. Inspiring millions.

35. Gayathri says:

Thanks Robin. Your books”Greatness guide” & “Greatness Guide 2″ are very inspiring. I started reading your books 3 years ago during a very difficult time of my life & they solved a lot of my problems & helped me focus on my goals without getting distracted. I am a freelancer corporate Softskillsl skills trainer & a mom & I have benefited highly from your books. I quote your “quotes” on all my training sessions. I highly recommend your books to anyone who wants to do something useful in their life & have a balanced family life. I am also inspired by your advise regarding fitness. I have asked my kids to read your books & my younger son read your books when he was 12 years old.

36. Prabhat Shukla says:

it’s really stunning Robin You are my “GURU”. your each thought is valuble like gold.

37. Roisin says:

You are gorgeous Robin – inside and out:-)

Roisin

38. venkat kumar says:

Thanks Robin .. i am greatly motivated by your books

39. suganya says:

thank u sir…ur words have brought a grt positive energy within me…u r my inspiration…nowadays i have made as a habit to read ur buks or ur inspirational words daily…u r awesome…

40. Mr sharma wishing you a very happy newyear 2013.Ihave gone through your valuable 50&62 tips.Inthe meantime, gone through your The monk who sold his Ferrari,very good content and everyone read it.

41. Namita says:

Dear Robin
    you are really gifted…you are simply awesome….i am deeply touched by the way you have transformed your life and uplifted your spirits…i have also been walking on this path for past 2 years and i know nothing can match it..it’s great beyond words…every moment is filled with so much of happiness,mental peace,agility and enthu……..
    God bless you…may more and more people learn to transform their lives from you……
    Thanks for transformin so many lives and bringing innumerable smiles to dull faces….
    your biggest fan
    Namita

42. Madhav Ulagadde says:

Hi Sir,
    I’m from semi-city of India and don’t know English very wel.
    But I read your “62 Fast Tips To Got Unstuck” and got inspired.
    I was looking forward for someone and YOU are that one.
    Your those 62 tips will help me to do my 2013 best,I hope,I believe.
    THANKS A LOT for GREAT GUIDENCE and want to know your opinion about Paulo Coylo,author of “The Alchdmist”,”Eleven Minutes.”
    I feel great happyness to write this.
    Again THANKS A LOT.

43. Hi Sir,
    Thank you for the words of wisdom.

44. Nikhita says:

Hello sir!
    You are a great leader giving your best efforts to bring change in many lives.Calling you an ‘Achiever’ would an understatement, as there are generations of people who got drastic change in their lives because of your good books.My Dad is one of them and he passed on your book “The Monk who sold the Ferrari” to us(me and my brother).Your book is the reason for inculcating Optimism in our family and switch to better way of living and understanding each other.Hats Off to your Masterpieces.I am feeling grateful to express this to you.

45. Suresh patel says:

Hello Robin
    I like most of your ideas and you can rally inspire people but you seem to be against selfishness. What’s wrong with rational self interest? I believe in rational self interest which is my idea of selfishness.
    Suresh

46. Thanks much for your inspiration, Robin! I think you are awesome and one of the best examples of a true and inspiring leader…with no title :) Please keep inspiring all of us, so we can spread more light in the world together!

47. G Angela says:

Thanks a ton ! you have motivated me today, once again, appreciate you for being an inspiration. !

48. JOHANNES MAHLANGU says:

Thank you so much for youre inspiration sir

49. Md.Sadique raza an Animator says:

I just share my thought and believe,that in olden day sailor use to depend on a star to drive a ship in right direction your thougth play that role in my life

50. Prahlad says:

What does it mean when you say “Do something small yet scary every single day.” ? in this context.