15 Ways To Do Your Best Work

Do your best work15 Ways For You To Do Your Best Work

1. Do your best work by challenging the way you did things yesterday.
  2. Do your best work by allowing your passion to see the light of day.
  3. Do your best work by becoming part of the solution versus growing the problem.
  4. Do your best work by expecting nothing less than you playing at world-class.
  5. Do your best work by giving away the credit (especially when you crave it)
  6. Do your best work by practicing your skills so you become a virtuoso.
  7. Do your best work by releasing excuses and doing important things.
  8. Do your best work by getting up when you’ve been knocked down.
  9. Do your best work by keeping your promises; to others and to yourself.
  10. Do your best work by showing integrity.
  11. Do your best work by delivering more value than anyone could ever expect from you.
  12. Do your best work by making time to refill your well.
  13. Do your best work by having a strong foundation at home.
  14. Do your best work by becoming as fit as a pro athlete.
  15. Do your best work by doing work that makes a difference and inspires others to do the same.

As Chuck Palahniuk once said: “The goal isn’t to live forever. The goal is to create something that will.”

I’d love to read your comments on the lines I’ve shared above.

Keep Leading Without a Title.

Robin Sharma
Please add your comments below so we all can learn from you.

Comments

comments

Tags: ,

129 Responses to “15 Ways To Do Your Best Work”

1. Genesis says:

I’ve just started in your book the Greatness Guide and immediately started following you on Twitter: I love this book and the way you look at things. You’re very inspirational — I love how you practice what you preach.

2. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Robin Sharma, sahitya.illa, Janette Marquez, solairameshh21, Ajay Balamurugadas and others. Ajay Balamurugadas said: RT @_robin_sharma: New blog post: "15 Ways to Do Your Best Work" http://bit.ly/do-your-best-work [...]

3. chand says:

Robin sir….you are really inspiring people by sharing your valuable thoughts..they are working on me (us)…thanks would be a small word but please keep writing and keep inspiring us.It really helps to grow bigger, stronger and much more….thanks for all

4. Dipak Bhutekar says:

At End of he day, you need to prove your inner self, excel in what ever we do. As we all are born for only one reason, that is to Praise the Lord and to bring smile on peoples face with whom we connect. So Keep Smiling. Almighty is Watching us, you never know what role he might offer you next… : )

5. Yash says:

You’re amazing! As you’ve inspired me daily, i’ve inspired many of my friends out here! It’s just an amazing feeling! Thank you!

6. Mallee says:

That a good piece of inspirational compilation when I needed it the most. I am impressed by the collective approach that you advocate like for doing the best work, it is also essential to stay fit etc., I believe and have started integrating your holistic prophecy in my life and sharing it with all the dear ones too…

7. Vaibhav says:

Terrific Stuff!!! It’s going to take time to internalize all your thoughts and more time to apply and use it daily.

That’s the key and that’s the challenge.

Cheers,
    Vaibhav

8. kavita says:

Dear Robin
    Thanks a lot for inspiring us, sometimes its really very tough but I think if we really focus
    our mind to achieve something we can do it!

9. Dear Robin,

Thanks for inspiring me..

I will do my best work….

10. Michèle says:

I’ve been applying tip 14: get fit like a pro-athlete. I’ve noticed that the more I exercise, the better I want to be at work and the more I want to do for my work!! There really is a direct connection between the two!

11. Kaleo Farias says:

Absolutely Magnificent & Exceptional Robin. I absolutely believe with absolute certainty Robin in all 15 of these “True North Principles.” But if you asked me what my top 3 are i would choose numbers 14, 15, and 11. If i may be so humble Robin to ask you what your top three would be, which ones would it be?

12. Ana Cabeca says:

Hello Robin,
    The tiltle inspired me to read on, namely because I have been struggling in being true to myself.
    I love what I do and feel blessed to have the opportunity to not only teach but learn from the people
    I work with. I don´t feel I´ve been true to myself in the sense that I´m not showing my true potential.
    I know I´m good at what I do but I have to really let my passion shine through by devoting more
    to my work. I deserve it and so do the people I work with; I want them to be as passionate as I am :)

13. chetan says:

Hello Sir,realy its work,thank you

14. prakash says:

Dear Sir,
    realy these are very valuable points which inspire us a lot.

thank u.

15. Himal Soni says:

Everyday you inspire me, every day you allow my wings to spread a little bit further and my fears to weaken a little more. These lessons to play my best game at work truly are amazing and effective. I follow you on twitter, I’ve read most of your books. And I would love to have lunch of coffee of dinner with you when you are down in south africa. If I don’t ask, I’ll never know :) I’d appreciate the courtesy of a replied email :) sound familiar? Haha

16. Your quotes and LWT book has led me to see life for all that
    It is…. Beautiful and bountiful. You have inspired me to follow
    A deep belief I now have, which is:
    “that creativity begins with the mind
    Transcends into the written
    And formulates itself into action…
    Success shall soon follow ”
    Keep it coming Robin….

17. I like the 5th point specifically. wow. “Do your best work by giving away the credit (especially when you crave it)”. Its a hard thing to do, giving away something when you desire it so badly. Thanks again for those words. Will try and follow from now.

18. Harsh Wardhan says:

Robin Sir,
    You are really an insperation to me. I am in starting phase of my IT career and i must mention that I am very pleased to recieve your words in my life. Your words are a guiding light for my journey of life.
    Thank you sir for the great job.
    Your admirer,
    Harsh Wardhan

19. VIKRAM BHARTI says:

i started to live life in a way so dat i can be proud on myself its bcause of u i started to read novel wid ur who will cry when u die and after dat i started 2 read all d books dat are written by u and its bcause of u i can face fear ……

20. Wayne Marnewick says:

Hi Robin. Thank you. Can’t wait to meet you 2 Mar Johannesburg. The experience is great. Action is the antidote to dispare. No 1 by the way.

21. robin says:

thanks for all the feedback on this post everyone. Wayne, see you in JoBurg March 2. from what i hear, it’ll be quite an event. my best wishes to all of you who posted your valuable comments

22. vaneet says:

Robin, what are your views about meditation and people who give up everything just to teach human beings how to lead a successful , happy life “without a title” through meditation ?

23. A.RAJENDRAN says:

dear sir,
    I still confusing to think about you how you got such a great knowledge in leadership teaching and how can a person reveal the reality of leader’s quality without any selfish prestige to tell and awake the sleeping people, I just say you are awesome. thanks for your contributions

24. Neal Ely says:

I like # 14. I think being fit creates a healthy body & mind. It reduces stress, and it helps us stay focused. You feel better, and I think in order for ANYONE to do their best work, they have to have a healthy body and mind, and I think the only way to do this is to be be fit and fuel our bodies with a healthy diet! More energy & less stress, now thats a recipe for success!

25. Sabine says:

Thanks for sharing your inspirational thoughts with the rest of the world!

I love #1, as it is THE way to do some double-loop-learning everyday.

26. prashantn says:

Just had a chance to read an article in today’s Hindu – Bangalore Edition, India ‘Robin’s song for success’.
    Motivated me enough to check the net for more articles.
    I am glad, I dropped by, will coming back for more

prashantn

27. Praveen says:

I would like to know where is the daily thought of the day.!!, I’m not able to find in new website :), the daily thoughts are inspiring ..pls continue doing the same…

Thanks

28. Dinesh Sagar says:

Sir, Pl.give your program details as & when you are in mumbai with venue.It is a matter of motivation. Great Personality…

29. dr dhara kakkar says:

hi robin
    first of all a great thankyou to u as ur books changed my thinking n somehow my life…..meet u soon….

30. Avashnee Vandiar says:

very inspiring and so true. you help so many people and prove that words are more powerful than the sword…thank u :)

31. Christine says:

Inspiration gripping in its fundamental simplicity. The more I delve into your books & articles, the more inspired I am to make that difference.

32. vivekbgopal says:

sir,
    thanks.
    for last one hour i am thinking how to thank you for your inspiring thoughts its great

33. Jaladhi says:

Fantastically said, love to listen to you sir.Been following u on fb.Hope i would never miss any of your audio, articles or blogs on whichever aspect of leadership U create Sir.It touches a deep aspect in life of a humanbeing.

34. Rajeeb says:

As usual…I love your inspiring guidance to excellence…perhaps, we can add 16th rule: Read the above at least once daily..

35. Ashima Basak says:

Adorable Robin Sir,

Atfirst thank you sir for re-posting the blog.. I then missed it.. These ‘best 15′ ways are indeed best.. I’ll write all of them in my journal and also in my next vision-board.. And I will also share these best 15′s with my sisters,my student and also with my friends..
    Again thanks a lot Sir.. May god always abide with you.. Lots of love and respect.. Ashima:-)

36. subramanian says:

hieeeeeeee Robin, reading your powerful tips everyday makes me work effectively and helps me become more matured. thnx for shapping up my life.

37. Bharat monga says:

Feel happy light and motivatd to do btr of my yestrday…thnx fr bng dr wd the entire world

38. Tayo Sobaj says:

Robin, when are you coming to Nigeria?

39. ritu singla, says:

hello sir, i m a great fan of urs n i try to impliment ur preachings .. but i still need to improve a lot .. can u pls suggest mea book i can read to improve on anger ..thks

40. fiona says:

My kids know that I read your website for guidance.they got me the Greatness Guide with the audio book for mothers Day.they have had a hard time to get it for me.I cherish every moment I read it cos I got it from them and I didnt have to buy it myself.

41. jigna parsania says:

though goal is important but the most important the result which makes difference in others life and make u satisfy what u have done, as happiness comes only through inner piece n satisfaction as Robin sharma truely said that rather than success significance is more important.

42. indrani sarkar says:

Thank you for gifting us your vision, insight and messages to lead a great life. Whenever I get my salary and visit a book store I look for your books. They are truly inspirational.

Hope someday I could be a part of your audience when you visit India.

God bless you.

43. zainab aliakbar says:

Dear Robin
    Thank you for making me think in a new perspective every day and for inspiring me to come out of my shell…..
    i hope someday i can see u and meet u in person.
    God Bless You

44. Kavish Goplani says:

Hi Robin & Team,

This is absolutely fantastic!!! Your website is filled with loads of wisdom distilled in amazing yet simple words of lasting treasure! I’m absolutely thrilled to pick up the book “Who will cry when you’ll Die”, and even more to access this awesome & resourceful website. Your insights are mind-boggling and extremely encouraging. I seriously wish and will follow the above techniques to bring a significant and lucrative change to my workplace.

Kavish

45. Robin Sir

Thanks for your Service to humankind .If i have to say ,no amount of thanks is enough for all that you have done to awake ,enlighten and shaped life of millions of people around the world. You r not a reel but a real hero!!!! l

46. Manasa says:

hi robin
    you are truly inspiring.

Thank you so much. You have good wishes and blessings of so many people in the world.

47. Anusuya Prabhakaran says:

Hi
    Robin, tears shed on my eyes when I finished “The Monk who sold his Ferrari” and this is purely out of happiness and the freedom of mind I thank the almighty for given me a right path. Thanks to my friend who inspired to read the book. I tested myself in these 3 months & I’m proud that except 2-3 occasions I’m happy on every moment and eveyday and on every job I do till today

48. Ararat Kostanian says:

Dear Robin, I should admit that you have changed the way I used to look at life. before it was kind of burden. I’m not saying that everything is good 100% but I have improved a lot. I knew some of the points from my experience and now I’m following your points and really in a short period of time I started to realize that I’m in a different world. its not an illusion but a fact. please try your best to come to Armenia. youngsters need it here. they have no idea about enlightenment and improvement. unfortunately, we are still suffering from the communist ideology. I’ve met really good people here, but their way of thinking is limited. after communism people became so materialist here…they only think of being rich in a short period of time. you should guide these people. kind regards Ararat

49. Neha Nigam says:

Your ideas provide daily inspiration to work harder…makes me more dedicated and disciplined person…thanks a lot…keep inspiring..

50. komal says:

As always , this reading is also a great motivation :)
    The line “The goal isn’t to live forever. The goal is to create something that will” itselft says it all.
    Regards-