I’m at 40,000 feet. Sunlight floods through the window. Flying home from beautiful Vancouver, Canada after a presentation to The Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO) on game-changing moves that Remarkable Entrepreneurs are dedicated to. I do my best thinking on airplanes and wanted to download some random insights on leadership, business and living at world-class with you. This is where I’m at. On my own personal journey called a life. I’m grateful to you for being a part of The Lead Without a Title Community. It’s quickly growing into a movement. And together, we are making a difference in the world.
I hope these ideas enrich all you do. And that they inspire you to amp up the way you Work+Live+Lead.
36 Random Insights On Exceptionalism
1. Average people are dedicated to leisure. The best people are devoted to learning.
2. The ordinary wait for the energy to do a task. The exceptional do the task because that’s how they get the energy.
3. A job is just a job if all you see it as is a job. (Work is a vehicle to promote Full Self Expression of Your Creativity+Ingenuity+Talent).
4. The most precious asset of a businessperson isn’t time. It’s energy. Manage yours well.
5. Love your family. What’s the point of getting to uber-Success yet arriving alone?
6. From a participant at my recent Lead Without a Title event in Doha, Qatar: “The true measure of the greatness of a person is the length their shadow casts on the future.” Love it! Genius.
7. Manners matter.Here are 36 of my insights on exceptionalism that I hope will help you amp up the way you work, live and lead.
8. If you’re in business, you’re in show business. And every day’s a performance.
9. “Be yourself, everyone else is taken.” Oscar Wilde.
10. To double your income, triple your rate of learning. The best invest in their professional and personal development.
11. The primary purpose of business is the delivery of as much unusual value to as many people as possible.
12. Use music to boost your motivation.
13. Be ethical like Buffett. Rock the house like Bono. Innovate like Edison. Serve like Mandela.
14. You dishonor yourself when you play small with your talent.
15. Ideation without execution leads to delusion. What makes Google Google is not the idea behind Google but the culture of execution that is Google.
16. Don’t work at world-class for the money or the ovations. Do it for the pride you feel on a job brilliantly done.
17. Keep a journal.
18. Spend time in solitude. The only person you’ll be with your whole life is you. Why not get to know-and like-yourself?
19. Watch “The Fighter”.
20. Work hard. Industry stands at the foundation of Mastery.
21. Remember that the quality of your practice determines the caliber of the performance.
22. Speak your truth-even when your voice shakes.
23. Leaders leave a trail of leaders behind them. If you’re not developing the best in others, you’re not leading.
24. You know you’re doing genius-level work when people start to dislike you.
25. Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to Mastery.
26. Develop your friendships. Respect your elders.
27. Make time to have fun. Life is short-enjoy the ride.
28. The bigger your dream, the more important your team.
29. If you have average people, you’ll have an average company. To have a great company, hire and coach great people.
30. Remember that your doubts are nothing more than the lies your fears have sold you.
31. Leadership is simple. It’s not easy. But it’s really really simple.
32. Leadership’s mostly about 3 things: Impact+Influence+Inspiration.
33. If you’re not inspiring those around you, you’re not Leading. You’re following.
34. Think for yourself.
35. “Potential unexpressed turns to pain.” From “The Leader Who Had No Title“.
36. Take brave risks. At your End, it’ll be the risks you didn’t take versus the ones you did that most fill you with regret.
Keep Leading Without A Title.
Please add your comments below so we all can learn from you.