21 Tips to Become the Most Productive Person You Know

21 Tips to Become the Most Producitive Person You KnowI wanted to help you create explosive productivity so you get big things done (and make your life matter).

Here are 21 tips to get you to your best productivity.

#1. Check email in the afternoon so you protect the peak energy hours of your mornings for your best work.

#2. Stop waiting for perfect conditions to launch a great project. Immediate action fuels a positive feedback loop that drives even more action.

#3. Remember that big, brave goals release energy. So set them clearly and then revisit them every morning for 5 minutes.

#4. Mess creates stress (I learned this from tennis icon Andre Agassi who said he wouldn’t let anyone touch his tennis bag because if it got disorganized, he’d get distracted). So clean out the clutter in your office to get more done.

#5. Sell your TV. You’re just watching other people get successful versus doing the things that will get you to your dreams.

#6. Say goodbye to the energy vampires in your life (the negative souls who steal your enthusiasm).

#7. Run routines. When I studied the creative lives of massively productive people like Stephen King, John Grisham and Thomas Edison, I discovered they follow strict daily routines. (i.e., when they would get up, when they would start work, when they would exercise and when they would relax). Peak productivity’s not about luck. It’s about devotion.

#8. Get up at 5 am. Win the battle of the bed. Put mind over mattress. This habit alone will strengthen your willpower so it serves you more dutifully in the key areas of your life.

#9. Don’t do so many meetings. (I’ve trained the employees of our FORTUNE 500 clients on exactly how to do this – including having the few meetings they now do standing up – and it’s created breakthrough results for them).

#10. Don’t say yes to every request. Most of us have a deep need to be liked. That translates into us saying yes to everything – which is the end of your elite productivity.

#11. Outsource everything you can’t be BIW (Best in the World) at. Focus only on activities within what I call “Your Picasso Zone”.

#12. Stop multi-tasking. New research confirms that all the distractions invading our lives are rewiring the way our brains work (and drop our IQ by 5 points!). Be one of the rare-air few who develops the mental and physical discipline to have a mono-maniacal focus on one thing for many hours. (It’s all about practice).

#13. Get fit like Madonna. Getting to your absolute best physical condition will create explosive energy, renew your focus and multiply your creativity.

#14. Workout 2X a day. This is just one of the little-known productivity tactics that I’ll walk you through in my new online training program YOUR PRODUCTIVITY UNLEASHED (details at the end of this post) but here’s the key: exercise is one of the greatest productivity tools in the world. So do 20 minutes first thing in the morning and then another workout around 6 or 7 pm to set you up for wow in the evening.

#15. Drink more water. When you’re dehydrated, you’ll have far less energy. And get less done.

#16. Work in 90 minute blocks with 10 minute intervals to recover and refuel (another game-changing move I personally use to do my best work).

#17. Write a Stop Doing List. Every productive person obsessively sets To Do Lists. But those who play at world-class also record what they commit to stop doing. Steve Jobs said that what made Apple Apple was not so much what they chose to build but all the projects they chose to ignore.

#18. Use your commute time. If you’re commuting 30 minutes each way every day – get this: at the end of a year, you’ve spent 6 weeks of 8 hour days in your car. I encourage you to use that time to listen to fantastic books on audio + excellent podcasts and valuable learning programs. Remember, the fastest way to double your income is to triple your rate of learning.

#19. Be a contrarian. Why buy your groceries at the time the store is busiest? Why go to movies on the most popular nights? Why hit the gym when the gym’s completely full? Do things at off-peak hours and you’ll save so many of them.

#20. Get things right the first time. Most people are wildly distracted these days. And so they make mistakes. To unleash your productivity, become one of the special performers who have the mindset of doing what it takes to get it flawless first. This saves you days of having to fix problems.

#21. Get lost. Don’t be so available to everyone. I often spend hours at a time in the cafeteria of a university close to our headquarters. I turn off my devices and think, create, plan and write. Zero interruptions. Pure focus. Massive results.

I truly hope these 21 productivity tips have been valuable to you. And that I’ve been of service. Your productivity is your life made visible. Please protect it.

Stay productive.

Robin Sharma

P.S. I’m so excited to share that – after YEARS of requests – I’ve finally created a premium productivity program with my advanced strategies to get your most important goals done fast. It’s on sale at a very special price right now, but only UNTIL THIS TUESDAY AT MIDNIGHT so I strongly encourage you to get yours right now: http://www.robinsharma.com/yourproductivityunleashed

Comments

comments

Tags: , ,

75 Responses to “21 Tips to Become the Most Productive Person You Know”

1. bunny says:

Robin you are like a best friend for me whenever i get a doubt i look for your book and find a chapter or a line as a solution .In fact your book gave me the little hope which i needed to survive during my uttermost adversity.

2. vasvi says:

great tips…thanx a lot.. :)

3. Philp Khamati says:

From the time I set my eyes on The Monk who Sold His Ferrari, my reasoning magically changed. I have made sure to recommend all my friends to one man ROBIN SHARMA if they indeed feel they need a worthwhile life. With your daily posts on Facebook which I well follow I feel a much needed change taking over me and I attribute this to you. When will you be visiting my beautiful country Kenya??? Thanks a lot and remain blessed.

4. omprakash says:

Robin you are a Star who virtually giving new expressway or path towards live life like Legend.
    Very few peoples like you who got a very amazing thought power and principles to live successful life.
    Thanks and keep Mentoring to us.

5. Dhandayudhapani babu says:

Dear robin
    I have desire to become successful business person but i feel some thoughts which discourage my thoughts.i dont knw how to say but i feel it (it cant be successful big business person)
    How to get rid of that.please help me

6. archana says:

you are the only person whom i can look up to in my wee hours of the and my tough times too .

7. bina says:

..jus love the way you push, coax ,encourage, convince by setting your own example and precedent. how genuine. hugs

8. Roisin says:

Love the tips!!!!

9. joseph says:

yap!!!!!open my eye sir

10. Aspiring Anuraj says:

Thanks alot Robin !
    Anuraj

11. DanDaDan says:

“Say goodbye to the energy vampires in your life (the negative souls who steal your enthusiasm).”
    What if this person is your own father?

12. Impactful, powerful and so simple….Thank you Robin!

13. jezabel says:

thank you so much i’ve read you and it realise of many points of view of my life….. you are incredible in the way you explain the really tru to the world.

14. jezabel says:

<> and always drink water

15. pallavi gupta says:

U are actual life brighter.Hats off to you.

16. Kelly Wagner says:

Excellent advice, Robin, especially about running routines; I’m reading more & more about the benefits of routine lately. Making all 21 of these tips part of one’s daily routine would surely skyrocket productivity AND overall well-being. Nicely summarized!

17. akriti srivastava says:

great tips…thank you…vl try to follow it…

18. Hey Robin,

Thank you so much for these tricks. We can easily see where are the flaws in our current routine and can make improvisation on it.

Thanks,
    Bhagawat.

19. sourav sarkar says:

Exceptional tools for an exceptional life…….truly sir you ROCK!!!!!!!!
    today morning i read the GG part 2 ….amazing…..and though i lost out at a debate few days back….i now know next year i will make the trophy mine…….at least try to.
    one last thing : i desperately want to meet you at least once in my life…….

20. Guillermo says:

Nice! I would love to be that guy, the most productive one.
    However, I’ll never be that guy because i believe that being as strict (in some tips) as you suggest, you can’t enjoy other things in life as much as you can…
    But some others of them are really great tips and i’ll try to keep them in mind. I personally like the one about drink water. It’s so true!

21. siyaram says:

sir,
    it’s really practical and one can save enough time in his life and will have never excuses like i do not have time….

22. Dhanya says:

Thanks for these points. Your book ‘Who will cry when you die?’ had helped me a lot during an adverse phase. Thanks a lot again!

23. Thanks for sharing short and practically doable tips.

24. Maria says:

Thank you!!! Really great tips, your book is amazing..

25. Ravi Prakash Verma says:

I have been following you from the days of “The monk Who sold his Ferrar “.
    I am busy executive and whenever i want to get a boost to my moral I read your books which i have a collection .
    I get encouraged and get the boost of enegry.
    You have been doing a very great job and making a very positive change in poeple’s lives.
    KUDOS to you

Your friend
    RP Verma

26. masni says:

Dear robin

i need advice with u that on 22oct this month i have my presentation about this title 21 Tips to Become the Most Productive Person You Know. i am so nervous and i need a little adivce and tips

27. shaik fareeth says:

Dear Robin ,

Hope You Are Fine !!! Excellent Tips , Thanks For Sharing.

Shaik

28. Samy says:

Now, this is Much Ado about Something!

Cheers to the Underrated Legend who has penned this..

29. Antony Singh says:

Robin thank you for all your great tips. i use to be a lawyer myself and have recently given it up in search of my passion. Please check out my blog for a little bit of soul for the City Professional. Keep up the great work.

30. Theo says:

Great tips…one problem,to wake up at 5am I have to sleep at…?Great books by the way,I am sharing them with my colleagues and discuss over coffee.

31. Charles says:

Most people working at large, global companies today can’t follow some of these key tips. Days are scheduled with conference calls that run back to back, almost all of them for things that can’t easily be missed. Employees are expected to be ‘reachable’ via instant messaging systems during business hours and beyond. Hundreds of e-mail come in every day, and responses that are put off until the afternoon miss colleagues in Asia and Europe, which means another day is lost in making progress on a project. The tips seem pretty unrealistic for the average person.

32. Rabia Ba says:

Wonderful article! Thank you! HOpe to put into use the rules in my own life cos have decided to be a productive person from today onwards!

33. Anand Kumar says:

Love you Robin :)

34. Marcus says:

Amazing stuff, some new to me which is absolutely fantastic, can’t wait to start implementing. Thanks!

35. Robin, I have read many of your books. Here you have given great tips. Next time please let us know some tips to implement those tips!

36. “Mind over mattress.” — it’s a battle in the morning esp after you’ve had a hectic and stressful night. Great tips! I do believe that the only way to go is to make a move to get to where you want to be or should be. Thank you for sharing! =)

37. Mohammad Mazahir says:

Thank you bro love you, you have solved my problem i will implement the important point of which you noticed in my daily routine.Thanks again.

38. bobit says:

great tips

my fav tips -#10 and 21

39. Yousra says:

‘YOU’ are one of the definitions of ‘POSITIVE ENERGY’!

40. Tanisha says:

This is great stuff imma use this for my blog

41. Pankaj Nikam says:

You are always motivating me and inspiring me. I am waiting for your new book…!

42. ASHISH says:

Thanks , Thanks a lot.. now i regular visit your Website say once in a day and it make me feel motivated and inspire me to change my life.. Learning a lot of things and how to live my life.. Thanks a lot.

43. KK says:

This is fantastic! Such a great reminder to start off 2013 the right way! Thanks Robin! :))

44. asanka says:

great tips for us. i honer share your incredible knowledge with us.

45. pradeepmallika says:

You are really an game changer for me

46. shreya agarwal says:

hello!i have read your book “Who will cry when you die”. its is truly inspiring and i often go through when i feel distracted from my goal or tensed during exams. I appreciate the kind of service you offer to all.thank you :)

47. Great tips. About the routines one, each day is different, how do you manage that?

48. Athi says:

Thank you so much sir.

49. mr.Robin,your efforts to build a new world order deserve praise,and it is really possible.your all works are going to make a revolution in India.
    I can say from my experience that,you have made a profound change in my life.
    thanks alots.