Robin’s 73 Best Business and Success Lessons

The 73 Best Lessons I’ve Learned for Leadership Success in Business and Life
By Robin Sharma, author of the international bestseller “The Leader Who Had No Title”

Hi There,

I’m skiing in South America but have also been doing a lot of thinking. I wanted to thank you for all your kind support of my work. So I have summarized the 73 best ideas/insights/lessons I’ve learned for winning in business and life below. I hope they help you. And I hope you’ll share them with others who will benefit from them. Again, thanks for supporting my mission to help people in organizations around the world Lead Without a Title. I’m grateful.

Robin

1. You can really Lead Without a Title.
  2. Knowing what to do and not doing it is the same as not knowing what to do.
  3. Give away what you most wish to receive.
  4. The antidote to stagnation is innovation.
  5. The conversations you are most resisting are the conversations you most need to be having.
  6. Leadership is no longer about position – but passion. It’s no longer about image but impact. This is Leadership 2.0.
  7. The bigger the dream, the more important to the team.
  8. Visionaries see the “impossible” as the inevitable.
  9. All great thinkers are initially ridiculed – and eventually revered.
  10. The more you worry about being applauded by others and making money, the less you’ll focus on doing the great work that will generate applause. And make you money.
  11. To double your net worth, double your self-worth. Because you will never exceed the height of your self-image.
  12. The more messes you allow into your life, the more messes will become a normal (and acceptable) part of your life.
  13. The secret to genius is not genetics but daily practice married with relentless perseverance.
  14. The best leaders lift people up versus tear people down.
  15. The most precious resource for businesspeople is not their time. It’s their energy. Manage it well.
  16. The fears you run from run to you.
  17. The most dangerous place is in your safety zone.
  18. The more you go to your limits, the more your limits will expand.
  19. Every moment in front of a customer is a gorgeous opportunity to live your values.
  20. Be so good at what you do that no one else in the world can do what you do.
  21. You’ll never go wrong in doing what is right.
  22. It generally takes about 10 years to become an overnight sensation.
  23. Never leave the site of a strong idea without doing something to execute around it.
  24. A strong foundation at home sets you up for a strong foundation at work.
  25. Never miss a moment to encourage someone you work with.
  26. Saying “I’ll try” really means “I’m not really committed.”
  27. The secret of passion is purpose.
  28. Do a few things at mastery versus many things at mediocrity.
  29. To have the rewards that very few have, do the things that very few people are willing to do.
  30. Go where no one’s gone and leave a trail of excellence behind you.
  31. Who you are becoming is more important than what you are accumulating.
  32. Accept your teammates for what they are and inspire them to become all they can be.
  33. To triple the growth of your organization, triple the growth of your people.
  34. The best leaders are the most dedicated learners. Read great books daily. Investing in your self-development is the best investment you will ever make.
  35. Other people’s opinions of you are none of your business.
  36. Change is hardest at the beginning, messiest in the middle and best at the end.
  37. Measure your success by your inner scorecard versus an outer one.
  38. Understand the acute difference between the cost of something and the value of something.
  39. Nothing fails like success. Because when you are at the top, it’s so easy to stop doing the very things that brought you to the top.
  40. The best leaders blend courage with compassion.
  41. The less you are like others, the less others will like you.
  42. The thoughts you think today determine the results you’ll see tomorrow.
  43. Excellence in one area is the beginning of excellence in every area.
  44. The real reward for doing your best work is not the money you make but the leader you become.
  45. Passion + production = performance.
  46. The value of getting to your goals lives not in reaching the goal but what the talents/strengths/capabilities the journey reveals to you.
  47. Stand for something. Or else you’ll fall for anything.
  48. Say “thank you” when you’re grateful and “sorry” when you’re wrong.
  49. Make the work you are doing today better than the work you did yesterday.
  50. Small daily – seemingly insignificant – improvements and innovations lead to staggering achievements over time.
  51. Peak performers replace depletion with inspiration on a daily basis.
  52. Take care of your relationships and the sales/money will take care of itself.
  53. You can’t be great if you don’t feel great. Make exceptional health your #1 priority.
  54. Doing the difficult things that you’ve never done awakens the talents you never knew you had.
  55. As we each express our natural genius, we all elevate our world.
  56. Your daily schedule reflects your deepest values.
  57. People do business with people who make them feel special.
  58. All things being equal, the primary competitive advantage of your business will be your ability to grow Leaders Without Titles faster than your industry peers.
  59. Treat people well on your way up and they’ll treat you well on your way down.
  60. Success lies in a masterful consistency around a few fundamentals. It really is simple. Not easy. But simple.
  61. The business (and person) who tries to be everything to everyone ends up being nothing to anyone.
  62. One of the primary tactics for enduring winning is daily learning.
  63. To have everything you want, help as many people as you can possibly find get everything they want.
  64. Understand that a problem is only a problem if you choose to view it as a problem (vs. an opportunity).
  65. Clarity precedes mastery. Craft clear and precise plans/goals/deliverables. And then block out all else.
  66. The best in business spend far more time on learning than in leisure.
  67. Lucky is where skill meets persistence.
  68. The best Leaders Without a Title use their heads and listen to their hearts.
  69. The things that are hardest to do are often the things that are the best to do.
  70. Every single person in the world could be a genius at something, if they practiced it daily for at least ten years (as confirmed by the research of Anders Ericsson and others).
  71. Daily exercise is an insurance policy against future illness. The best Leaders Without Titles are the fittest.
  72. Education is the beginning of transformation. Dedicate yourself to daily learning via books/audios/seminars and coaching.
  73. The quickest way to grow the sales of your business is to grow your people.

The Lead Without a Title System: A Revolutionary Process for Doing Your Best WorkLooking for Amazing Life, Career and Business Success? Check out the Lead Without A Title System

This inspiring and strikingly powerful new DVD program called The Lead Without a Title System: A Revolutionary Process for Doing Your Best Work.

It contains 8 DVDs with Robin’s famous Lead Without a Title Workshop that explains exactly how to build a great company, do world-class work so your career really flies, and have a life that is nothing less than exceptional.

Click here now to find out more about the Lead Without a Title System.

Tags: , , ,

99 Responses to “Robin’s 73 Best Business and Success Lessons”

1. Ravi Sankar says:

Just sheer brilliance of Robin…..

2. 21 verse and 42 verse are the same robin.

3. Fun Blast says:

Test beddc Blasts are Fun

4. [...] su blog, encontré el artículo Robin’s 73 Best Business and Success Lessons, donde presenta una síntesis de las mejores lecciones que ha aprendido para tener éxito en los [...]

5. [...] no tenía cargo), este último publicado recientemente. Leyendo su blog, encontré el artículo Robin’s 73 Best Business and Success Lessons, donde presenta una síntesis de las mejores lecciones que ha aprendido para tener éxito en los [...]

6. nilupuli says:

Wow what a valuable sayings………….. FANTASTIC

7. Karen says:

My first time here, but won’t be the last. Half way through reading the Greatness Guide, and just had to come check out your online home.

8. KUMAR says:

WOW! REALLY FANTASTIC

9. mlu hlubi says:

Robin SHarma (the monk who sold his ferrari), Eckart Tolle (the power of now), and Stephen Covey (7 principles of highly effective people)….(These books can truly change your life…if you internalise them and apply them in your life!

10. Sunil joshi says:

Fabulous,words I am big fan of Robin Sharma.looking forward for new things.

11. serj says:

The most important thing to know what to do and do it

12. Fleur says:

Hi Robin, I just wanted to let you know how happy I am that I have you in my ‘virtual world’. I enjoy reading your books, heeding your advice, ready your inspirational tweets and your always interesting blogs. Id like to say to you; a very big Thank You.

13. Ivan says:

that is too american; may sound inspirational at first, however, it is so arrogant, so selfish … it suggests getting in the way of others just because you think you know batter; it suggests that giving is good as long as you are getting; only fit people lead? how about disabled people? do I really have to say “sorry” or “thank you” just get myself feel batter or to become successful?
    this article here has only a selling purpose, pure american arrogance = no value

14. mohit narain says:

hi, robin sir i like reading your books . you are very experienced and knowledgeable person and i think soon we will meet

15. Kuldeep says:

The less you are like others, the less others will like you.

This line reinforced my perspective that the person we would hate the most is the same whom we wish to be loved by all; I hope you know that person , that person is ourself only.

Thanks Robin for being such a subtle teacher.

16. john says:

I think Robin gets it. His work is brilliant and inspirational, and thank you for sharing it with us.

17. pohudenie says:

Robin you are a good person your tips are very helpful to me

18. Kalyan says:

sir you simply gave such valuable pointzz that no one can give…..

19. Vinay says:

Robin, You have made a big change in one more person’s life..You tips have always been invaluable for me

20. jas says:

Sir,its nice to read ur blog.can u advise wht type of books you read and the audios you hear….

21. Skhu says:

Brilliant from Robin…absolutely brilliant…

22. Ashish Patel says:

great post )) thanks for the share :)

23. Sachin D Shinde says:

Your article is very nice, inspirational and motivating me

Very Good. I would like to meet you. I have read all your books, its very fanatstic, energetic.

Sachin Shinde.(India – Mumbai)

24. Abdul Ravoof says:

Many thanks for such a nice thoughts. It all changed when I got Best In Class rating in yearly appraisal. I was nominated for Leading the Edge Training. In tht training our trainer used to inspire us with different trainings. In that he said to me, read the Robin Sharma’s book called ” Who will cry when you die ” and “Lead without Title”. Really good one which changed my leadership skills and do my best at work place…Thanks a ton…

25. kiran says:

Amazed by your vibes this is surely your life which has these positive thoughts and soon I will also have I promise

26. I like what you guys are up too. Such smart work and reporting!

Carry on the superb works guys I’ve incorporated you guys to
    my blogroll. I think it will improve the value of my website :)

27. Do you have a spam issue on this blog; I also am a blogger, and I was wondering your situation; we have developed some nice methods and we are looking to swap strategies with other
    folks, why not shoot me an email if interested.

28. Shavonne says:

I could not refrain from commenting. Perfectly written!

29. Ashley says:

I’ve been surfing on-line more than 3 hours as of late, yet I by no means discovered any interesting article like yours. It is beautiful price sufficient for me. In my opinion, if all site owners and bloggers made just right content as you did, the net will probably be a lot more helpful than ever before.

30. ajay ekal says:

Real great book on motivation and thoughts to practice.
    Ajay singh

31. jana says:

I liked the “It generally takes about 10 years to become an overnight sensation.” most.
    We always assume that the person became great overnight, and fail to see the hard work that has been put in

32. Marlon Montano says:

Me has dado una gran inspiracion y tus consejos han de guiar mi acenso a la grandeza…muchas gracias Robin.tus palabras resuenan en mi empresa y mi corazon.gracias.

33. Sven says:

This is very fascinating, You’re an excessively professional blogger. I’ve joined your rss feed and look forward to looking for more of your wonderful
    post. Additionally, I have shared your website in my social
    networks

34. Navindra says:

Your quotes are inspirational Robin! And the way you present them through a story like “Monk Who Sold His Ferari” & “Leader Without a Title” are very creative & motive for read.

I am fan of your books & love to see you soon in Sri Lanka.

Navindra

35. Sathia Vinayaga says:

Robin is a great man!!! May God bless you always.

36. [...] By Robin Sharma |  RobinSharma.com  [...]

37. Kristiana says:

Thank you for being such a big influence on people’s life.
    Question: What do you mean by ”you can really lead without a title”

38. salil kumar says:

Sir, you are really great. I have overcome depression. Thanks a lot sir.

39. Qazi Naz says:

You Quotes are always inspiring. Remain blessed. Wish you A Merrry Christmas & Happy New Year 2013 in advance. Cheers.

40. Salma says:

Brilliantly written Robin,thanks for keeping inspiring us

41. Veena says:

Great lesson,Robin i am a big fan of your’s

42. [...] By Robin Sharma |  RobinSharma.com  [...]

43. [...] By Robin Sharma |  RobinSharma.com  [...]

44. nids says:

hello Robin, 1st thx for your book The Monk who Sold His Ferrari.. its soooo inspirable…

in fact i nedd some advise from you:

im Nids, from Mauritius, through being positive i have been able to unearth my penchant for writing n i have just completed a book n as i dont really know what are the steps to get it published, i would like, if possible, that u guide me…

next time i would talk further on my book n till then thx you loads

cheers n take care
    thx to the whole team too….
    sorry may b its not the right place for my request, thx

45. sylvester rodrigues says:

hi robin,
    you r a true leader , who does not need any kind of designation..
    u r really changing this whole world with brilliant n innovative ideas
    we all love u a lot

46. yogesh chokshi says:

Excellent ! One thing i want to know from you that why business meetings require!!?is it worth to waste time in doing meetings!!?

47. amit dhatwalia says:

I started following it yes I can

48. Manoj says:

Hi Robin …

Many thanks for making many of us world class leaders … We really owe you.

Cheers,
    Manoj

49. satish gunnam says:

To know about futher detailp