60 TIPS FOR A STUNNINGLY GREAT LIFE

I want to shift gears from leadership to a pure focus on crafting an exceptional life for this blog post. Ultimately, life goes by in a blink. And too many people live the same year 80 times. To avoid getting to the end and feeling flooded regret over a live half-lived, read (and then apply) these tips:

1. Exercise daily.

2. Get serious about gratitude.

3. See your work as a craft.

4. Expect the best and prepare for the worst.

5. Keep a journal.

6. Read “The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin”.

7. Plan a schedule for your week.

8. Know the 5 highest priorities of your life.

9. Say no to distractions.

10. Drink a lot of water.

11. Improve your work every single day.

12. Get a mentor.

13. Hire a coach.

14. Get up at 5 am each day.

15. Eat less food.

16. Find more heroes.

17. Be a hero to someone.

18. Smile at strangers.

19. Be the most ethical person you know.

20. Don’t settle for anything less than excellence.

21. Savor life’s simplest pleasures.

22. Save 10% of your income each month.

23. Spend time at art galleries.

24. Walk in the woods.

25. Write thank you letters to those who’ve helped you.

26. Forgive those who’ve wronged you.

27. Remember that leadership is about influence and impact, not title and accolades.

28. Create unforgettable moments with those you love.

29. Have 5 great friends.

30. Become stunningly polite.

31. Unplug your TV.

32. Sell your TV.

33. Read daily.

34. Avoid the news.

35. Be content with what you have.

36. Pursue your dreams.

37. Be authentic.

38. Be passionate.

39. Say sorry when you know you should.

40. Never miss a moment to celebrate another.

41. Have a vision for your life.

42. Know your strengths.

43. Focus your mind on the good versus the lack.

44. Be patient.

45. Don’t give up.

46. Clean up your messes.

47. Use impeccable words.

48. Travel more.

49. Read “As You Think”.

50. Honor your parents.

51. Tip taxi drivers well.

52. Be a great teammate.

53. Give no energy to critics.

54. Spend time in the mountains.

55. Know your top 5 values.

56. Shift from being busy to achieving results.

57. Innovate and iterate.

58. Speak less. Listen more.

59. Be the best person you know.

60. Make your life matter.

Robin Sharma is the author of the #1 international bestseller “The Leader Who Had No Title” (Simon & Schuster). Pass this list on to a friend by using the tools below.

851 Responses to “60 TIPS FOR A STUNNINGLY GREAT LIFE”

1. alok kumar says:

great very inspiring. words fails me to thanks you. always keep it on.

2. Rezaur Razzak says:

Robin, your words so simple yet so inspiring. Your latest book on being EXTRAORDINARY has lifted me to a new mental level. Keep up the greaty work and help others to live a meaningfull life.

3. Ana says:

Unplug your TV… sell your TV. :D

4. Gaya says:

I have been reading you books since I started my Uni. I have seen changes in me and I love the way I am today and a lot of credit goes to your writings Robin. I encourage people around me to read you books and present my friends and family with your books.

I love the simplicity. I feel so inspired by reading your books. I am glad I started to read your books at the very right time.

Thanks a lot.

5. Dr Arun says:

You have inspired me to make the greatest improvements in my life in all of my 34 years of living.. making me a hardcore fan of yours.

6. Sourav says:

Robin, without you, I would have stood nowhere!!! Thanks a lot!

7. Sreekanth kodeeri says:

You are giving inspiration with simplicity.Thanks for changing ma life.

8. Vikas Puri says:

Hi Robin, I am from India – New Delhi. I am great Fan and Follower of your Words.

We have a lot to do and lot to spread abour Human Self Development . Thanks Once again for everything and keep blogging.

Best and Regards – Vikas Puri.

9. Hem Raj Singh says:

I am reading your book “The Greatness Guide (Hindi)”. I have read this book partial part , this is very interesting book and it will be most helpful to me about my aim.

Thanking you, Hem Raj Singh

10. Your book is very grateful.
    Hem Raj Singh 09540040773

11. Ankit says:

Thanks Sir. I am 19 year old guy and I am giving my best to implement your ideas in life. I am reading your book every day and is inspiring me day by day. Thanks for sharing your great wisdom.

12. densi says:

say good morning to a new day :)
    goood morning Robin
    thank you for this blog /sometimes quite unexpectedly surprising/

13. Anna-Maria Vose (nee Szalay) says:

Brought the Greatness Guide for my husbandy knowing that he had enjoyed The Monk who Sold his Ferrari. However, not being a great reader and more of a tv addict, it left me to start reading again after my father passed away in 2008 St Augustines hospital (after being told that the lymphoma was gone). It has been slow-reading, but has been heaven-sent. I am growing and moving away from a traumatised state. Thank you -

14. Gurjinder says:

I m reading your book Megaliving .. Its an awesome Book .. I m trying to implement all those things in my life.. It really helped me at the moment when I was doing Nothing and life seemed to be tough… BUt now i m very busy ..
    Thanx

15. Narendra, Hyderabad says:

Dear Robinsharma,

At present I am reading the book “Leadership Wisdom” (Telugu). Particularly the 9th Chapter about the applicable formmula to improve our Individual Talent, really really a very inspirational one. I have very much attracted to that principles which were mentioned in that chapter. I am going to impliment the same from today onwards. Thank You Robin.

16. aswani says:

these 60 tips are needed to be implemented to lead a great life . i do wanna lead a gr8 lyf
    nd thank u for making me aware of these nd i’ll try to implement these in my life to get stunning resultz…

17. jose velazco says:

HOLA ROBIN …SOY DE VENEZUELA.
    DE VERDAD DE AGRADEZCO MUCHO POR LA INFORMACION QUE SIEMPRE ME ENVAS ,ME HAN AYUDADO MUCHISIMO EN MI TRABAJO Y EN MI VIDA TAMBIEN..
    HE LEIDO CASI TODOS TUS LIBROS…. TODOS SON MARAVILLOSOS…SIGUE ADELANTE COSECHANDO GRANDEZ EXITOS Y HACIENDO PARTE DE LOS EXITOS DE LOS DEMAS…MIL GRACIAS ..UN ABRAZO..

18. chidanand says:

hi robin

Thank you for your tips its very helpful for me to change myself .

19. subarno panda says:

thank u sir, all the tips r verry much needed for me to change mysalf.. & also i have read your books like ” who will cry when u die” , “the monk who sold his ferrary” & realy inspired by them……

20. Ana Maria says:

Can you give us tips on how to keep a jurnal, I am familiar with keeping a diary, but how not to be negative while keeping a Jurnal, can you help us?

21. suraj says:

I think we should simplify it like this,
    Wake up early,be aware that you are alive,do workout,eat good brakfast,work sesibly,learn to listen,learn to answer,have good sex,learn to sleep well.Above all remember that we are not going to live for ever,so learn to utilize it beatifully in sync with nature

22. greetings sir,

this blog post is superbly awesome!!!
    but i have one doubt! why have you mentioned that we should “Avoid the News”(pt. 34)?? it helps us to keep updated??

hoping a reply from you soon.

Mayank Taneja

23. APURV says:

Nice!

24. Najma Chaudry says:

I am going through a very challenging period in my life. Just by coincidence I picked up your book” Monk who sold his Ferrari”…..Once I started reading it couldn’t put it down……Thank You………! I still have some questions…..and I would like your help…….Can I communicate with you pls?

25. Rajeeb says:

Thanks Robin. I am a constant follower of your advice and I believe it’s much more important to be a good human being than just a great achiever. I express my sincere gratitude for sharing your life changing thoughts just ‘free-of-cost’.

26. Khan says:

Hi sir! You said: ’25. Write thank you letters to those who’ve helped you.’ So, thank you very much!!! ^_^

27. Soumen Paul says:

Thank you Robin, you have always inspired me by your magic of words.Whenever I listen to you or read you I just become overwhelmed with desires and passion.Thank you for your contribution in my life.

28. Sreeraj says:

I just read your book ” The monk who sold his Ferrari” & strated to read the “Greatness guide” as well
    No word to express. it’s pure inspiration.

Thank you for motivating the human kind & to help us explore us our potential

God bless you….

Sreeraj

29. Kashika Pandey says:

That line in your ‘Greatness Guide’:”I feel so sorry for you,you’ve had such simple lives you cant play great music unless your heart’s been broken” is really inspirational and changes the whole outlook about life.But Robin is succumbing to optimism a solution to life’s all problems…………….after all we all know that the more good you are as a human being the more difficult and complicated is the world for you……..

30. Sangeetha says:

My life is changed after i have started reading your books..but really have to work on myself a lot….thanks for coming into my life….please tell me more on how to keep a journal ..

Sangeetha

31. varma says:

its great sir..fentastic……..u r genious

32. Dr Shivakumar Hiremath says:

Those sixty were really BEAUTY… Among them please can u elaborate about journals. I didn’t get that. Hey Robin ur words are really uplifting me. Hats off to u man.

Lovingly
    Shiv Hiremath, Belgaum, India

33. Moldir says:

Hello Robin,
    I want to thank you for inspiring me. Your books are wonderful! All of the information that i gained from your books guides me everyday. I want to add that my life completely changed since I started to read your books. My favourite one is “Monk who sold his Ferrari”. It is fantastic, I advice for all of my family and friends to read at least one of your books. Thank you for your words.
    Best Wishes,
    Moldir, Astana, Kazakhstan.

34. Sunil joshi says:

A big thank you for lovely,and inspiring words.certainly if 40/ percent of educated gentleman follow these things it will great.

Sunil Joshi
    Bangalore

35. Narayankar says:

Thank you very much for such a wonderful list of 60 TIPS FOR A STUNNINGLY GREAT LIFE. It is inspiring and everybody can share this with family and friends and life can be simpler and Great.

Thank you very much.

36. Haseem says:

Thank you very much Robin.

‘Avoid the News’…bit confusing. Can you give a reason that.

37. ramumahalingam says:

i think you are one of the avtar of god to keep people happy and be independent by understanding the meaning of the birth and this life

38. Leta says:

Thank you for all your inspiring books. They are really motivating. They are all great!!! I just finished “The Leader who had no Title”.

Hope to meet you one day in Lisbon. Maybe in one of our conferences, who knows!!! It would be great.

Kind regards
    Leta

39. Lama says:

thanks for all efforts you made to make difference in other’s life, be certain that you already did make that difference especially with the monk who sold his ferrari!

40. Kirill says:

Robin, thanks for all your work, you have a tremendous impact on my life and never fail to inspire me!

However, regarding this article: what’s the difference between #8 and #55 – priorities vs values?

Thanks!

41. Rolby says:

Great words but I must disagree with the TV part, watching sports is an integral part of my life and I’m not ever giving it up.

42. Padma says:

I am regular reader of your books. My sister and my friends also your fans now. We never used to read other books than technical as letcurers, but you have stopped us and made us seriously think about life..Thank you for this.
    One of my biggest dream is to meet and talk to you in person.
    Padma

43. Snigdha says:

very simple yet effective tips…I can conveniently put at least 90% of these to practice. Actually I am already practicing many of the tips given above, so was happy to see them here. Just want to take a moment to Thank You, on behalf of all the readers in whose lives you have made a difference. Thanks Robin, and wish you all the very Best!

44. Mausumi says:

Hello sir,I am a great admiror of you. You have inspired me to follow my dreams. But ,the mentor you have mentioned, is what I need. what should i do?

45. Ms.Shah says:

The tips are very stunning . R any of your sessions getting conducted in India? If yes by when? Any tips for balancing family & professional life.

46. Pallavi says:

Brilliant tips again!!….thanks for suggesting the book “As You Think”- Read the review very similar to what I am reading right now, it’s like a BIBLE for people like us…

Guys, please try getting your hands on this book and also folowing it whole heatedly, YOUR LIfe will change for sure, MINE has! :) – You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay…

Cheers

47. nilesh bhosle says:

luv u sirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

48. Charlton Solano says:

Hi Robin, thankyou so much for such a positive and inspirational way to approach life. Your words of wisdom sounds so simple, but so hard to reprogram my thoughts, but the more practice of your approach the easier it must get, I’m excited to put your words into practice througout my everyday life, i have felt inspired that everything is achievable and unwanted situations can be changed. Cheers!

49. saispandana says:

sir thnkz alot 4 all ur 60 tips vich r so helpful 4 us in our life

50. Ashay Mahajan says:

Sir,
    Really these tips are necessary for successful life.Life will be successful only when these tips to be thought and implemented.Expecting much more from u in future.