60 TIPS FOR A STUNNINGLY GREAT LIFE

I want to shift gears from leadership to a pure focus on crafting an exceptional life for this blog post. Ultimately, life goes by in a blink. And too many people live the same year 80 times. To avoid getting to the end and feeling flooded regret over a live half-lived, read (and then apply) these tips:

1. Exercise daily.

2. Get serious about gratitude.

3. See your work as a craft.

4. Expect the best and prepare for the worst.

5. Keep a journal.

6. Read “The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin”.

7. Plan a schedule for your week.

8. Know the 5 highest priorities of your life.

9. Say no to distractions.

10. Drink a lot of water.

11. Improve your work every single day.

12. Get a mentor.

13. Hire a coach.

14. Get up at 5 am each day.

15. Eat less food.

16. Find more heroes.

17. Be a hero to someone.

18. Smile at strangers.

19. Be the most ethical person you know.

20. Don’t settle for anything less than excellence.

21. Savor life’s simplest pleasures.

22. Save 10% of your income each month.

23. Spend time at art galleries.

24. Walk in the woods.

25. Write thank you letters to those who’ve helped you.

26. Forgive those who’ve wronged you.

27. Remember that leadership is about influence and impact, not title and accolades.

28. Create unforgettable moments with those you love.

29. Have 5 great friends.

30. Become stunningly polite.

31. Unplug your TV.

32. Sell your TV.

33. Read daily.

34. Avoid the news.

35. Be content with what you have.

36. Pursue your dreams.

37. Be authentic.

38. Be passionate.

39. Say sorry when you know you should.

40. Never miss a moment to celebrate another.

41. Have a vision for your life.

42. Know your strengths.

43. Focus your mind on the good versus the lack.

44. Be patient.

45. Don’t give up.

46. Clean up your messes.

47. Use impeccable words.

48. Travel more.

49. Read “As You Think”.

50. Honor your parents.

51. Tip taxi drivers well.

52. Be a great teammate.

53. Give no energy to critics.

54. Spend time in the mountains.

55. Know your top 5 values.

56. Shift from being busy to achieving results.

57. Innovate and iterate.

58. Speak less. Listen more.

59. Be the best person you know.

60. Make your life matter.

Robin Sharma is the author of the #1 international bestseller “The Leader Who Had No Title” (Simon & Schuster). Pass this list on to a friend by using the tools below.

860 Responses to “60 TIPS FOR A STUNNINGLY GREAT LIFE”

1. Pushkar says:

I have your book ‘MegaLiving’. I find it realy inspiring and motivational. Whenever I feel that I am going off track, I get back to that book ot yours!! Thank you!

2. robin says:

Those are great points but i think its not aplicable for all the peoples because we are very complicated kinds (more complicated then u think) Really some of us find ourself HAPPY and fully satisfyed by following or doing some other actions thats why i felt that these points are for some target audience ( audience from high cites )this is what i thought. Is that possible that i get opinion of robin sharma regarding this outlook! i know D answer.

3. Hamda says:

Hi Mr. Robin, thanks for your great tools & tactics of inspiring human, I saw few videos of your workshop and I’m currently reading your book “The Leader who had no Title” it seems very great, full of positivity book. I have been going through big obstacles in my personal life since 6 years and still I’m struggling. But people like you in this life makes us survive and endure our journey and don’t stop dreaming!
    Thanks Robin and wish you all the best

4. alaka says:

Hello Mr. Sharma
    Thanks for enlightening me and a large mass.I have read your books and now reading Family Wisdom.It is surely
    going to be helpful.Everyday I am facing a lot of problems regarding my family.Hope all will be solved some day.Thanks a lot.Keep on writing such inspiring words.

5. Kasun Balasooriya says:

I watched 2 videos of you titled “How to defeat woory” and “Get up early”. I’m an English teacher in the age of 22..I’m very interested in this subject…I learned many significant things from ur speech..Thenks for them..GOOD LUCK FOR UR UNIQUE SUCCESS…

6. Balaji says:

Wonder tips i have ever seen online !

But i still doubt on that, whether to sell the television or not because its on our best aspect, if we use it better, it will give back some good knowledge as i got it.

I want to get more tips about “Handling the strangers and how to behave with them ?”

Hope to get it soon.

Thanks,
    Balaji

7. Rohit Roy says:

Great tips, thank you so much for theses wonderful thots you say to the world.i read you book “the monk who sold his ferrari” five years ago…since then my view towards life changed..and its getting better and better…today i got ur books “who will cry when you di” and “discover your destiny”…soo xcited..this very moment im so happy………..

8. arsh says:

hi sir…i’ve been reading this book ‘discover your destiny’ from a past few days n honestly…my life is changing dramatically n wonderfully…i’ve read thousands of books till date but none could ever match this one…i felt as if my lyf suxx but now i see the better side of life in evrything..its just amazing……….
    than u soooooo mch sir…..
    u r doing a great job………………
    :-)

9. Arvind Pannu says:

Sir,

I need more knowledge on how to behave with people…

please reply

Arvind Pannu

10. Priya pawakar says:

Robin you are Superb…have a great wish to meet you personally sometimes in life…i Just Love your simplicitiy….

11. Ankit Shah says:

Great tips indeed. They are complex but I believe if anyone follow at least half of them they will see positive change in life.Need more guidance about dealing with people.Can you please suggest some reference.

-Ankit Shah

12. Archana says:

I have all your books from the first to last…big fan of your Quotations and writing… you help me alot while i was in depression…but now i m enjoying a single moment…problem word is deleted from mind..now its all about how to manage..in short,i m happy and 50% credit is yours

Thank you.

Archana

13. Ani says:

I could tick 16 out of 60… not very good, but not bad either :)

14. Viral says:

Hello Robin

I’ve read “Who will cry when u die” and right now reading “The monk who sold his Ferrari”. I’m a big fan of yours. I’ve read above tips and i get a mentor and hero like you. thank you very much. Now I’m more focused towards my work , more positive and yes I’ve started writing my dream book :)

15. LSK says:

Thank you, for All your books, Which transformed me, which I cannot express in words!!

16. Richa says:

hey in India giving tips to taxi driver means u budding more to your own pocket bcoz they never charge u fair prices

17. P R Das says:

Great Tips, indeed Robin is one of the greatest thinkers of our time. Absolutely smitten by your simplicity and use of langugage. Wish to follow your footsteps to bring light to more people.

P R Das

18. bimal mohta says:

simple yet effective tips by Robin sir

19. smoothmolly says:

Hi
    Would have been lunatic molly if I had not got hold of “The Monk Who Sold his Ferrari!!!!! What a fantastic book, so inspirational have already got others reading it. I carry it around with me all the time, and will carry on doing so until I have put together and acetated pocket size Mantra, Rituals, Quotes. Thank you the Enlightenment.

20. sarvaa says:

“Hire A Coach”

whom should i hire , Mr.Sharma?

21. Natalia says:

Dear Robin! Thank you so much for your books! They changed my mind and my life, however I am still learning and trying to embed a lot of other tips. Regards, Natalia.

22. joe says:

why should i sell my tv

23. Raj says:

Let me know why 34. Avoid the news.???

24. Devan says:

Hey,

Good points. Few are difficult to implement. But they are also worth. Eg, Unplug TV.

Thanks,
    Devan.

25. husain says:

till today i have not completed whole book oter than my studycource i am very confuced man of 19.my first book which i am going to complte is yours leader ship wisdom from the monk who sold his ferarri.i fond it intresting and helpfull. thankyou.

26. sindhu says:

Hello,
    i read some of your books.i’m so inspired by your writings.my attitude changed completely after reading your books.i missed many enjoyments in my life in the past,but now i’m enjoying every minute of my life.i realised the value of life.thank u……………….

27. Anjali says:

Dear Robin

I’ve read ur book “who will cry when u die” n after reading dat i feel every moment is precious so i try to feel positive n happy whole day even if i m nt feeling gud bt ur quotes keeps me intact wid a feel of being happy :) i think ur book is the therapy for “depression” :)

28. Santosh Tipnis says:

Hi Robin ,

I’ve read ur books , I liked most is the Greatness Guide & you won’t believe that feel like reading it again & again.

After going through this book I came to know that the life which I am living is fantastic & there might be many peoples dream to live like me.

ThnQ Robin , you really changed my mindset & in turn my behavior.

Santosh

29. Nahid says:

Hej Robin!
    Jag har läst “Munken som sålde sin ferrari” , dina formuleringar är magiska, de har inspirerat mig oerhört mycket! Du har sått en del av dina blommor i min trädgård och på något magiskt sätt sår jag dessa vidare i andras. Detta förgyllar min tillvaro! Såsom du beskriver: när jag ger bort en ros, lämnar rosen lite av sin doft i min hand, det är oundvikligt helt enkelt!

Tusen Tack Robin

Nahid

30. Akhil Raj says:

Hello sir!
    Thank you, these 60 tips are really awsome…
    I will definetely put them into practice right from this very moment.

31. dipen says:

Thank u for lessons of life. U r a great philosopher . Ur logical tips help me to enlightening my mind gradually. U become my pathfinder. Thank u a lot.

32. Milena says:

Hi Robin. THANK YOU for the great books. I read “Monk who sold his ferarri” and I just finished book “the road to glory”. That left great influence on me. Now I’m going to plan my every thought, day, weeks, year… Greeting from Serbia ;).

33. MANOJKUMAR says:

Hai sir,

I am eagerly waiting for your Book Greatness Guide Volume III

34. Sarah says:

KILL YOUR TV
    I sold my TV 2 months ago. It’s great not the first time TV less. I have two kids 7 &. 5 no one is missing it. I am more creative in my living and ideas and have more time to live the life I want.
    If you look at successful people you will find that they do not watch TV or watch very little.
    I no longer watch movies as they seem largely obsurd, Hollywood is distracting me from living my life.
    I do however enjoy Home Interior magazines as that truly is my passion, furniture and design.
    Do it unplug the TV an put it in a cupboard for a month if you can live without it sell it and join the awesome tiny minority who do not have a TV, ” what you don’t have a TV , nope ….. Loving it…….

35. Milena says:

Hi Robin. I’m hooked on your books. I just have in my hand ” Who will cry when you day” and ” the greatness guide book 2″. I can’t wait to start reading. Happiness ;)

36. Sunir says:

Great Tips however not sure on TV part..it really unwinds, relaxes at times…

37. Based on my learnings from the Law of Attraction series (Rhonda Byrne) I have modified the above list a little. Make it your manifesto and read daily to make all 60 become a reality in your life! I’m starting to do this too, from today!
    1. I exercise daily.
    2. I am serious about gratitude.
    3. I see my work as a craft.
    4. I expect the best and prepare for everything.
    5. I keep a journal.
    6. I read “The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin”.
    7. I plan a schedule for my week.
    8. I know the 5 highest priorities of my life.
    9. I am focussed, doing only one thing at a time.
    10. I drink a lot of water.
    11. I improve my work every single day.
    12. I have a mentor.
    13. I have a coach.
    14. I get up at 5 am each day.
    15. I eat less food.
    16. I find more heroes.
    17. I am a hero to someone.
    18. I smile at strangers.
    19. I am the most ethical person I know.
    20. I strive only for excellence.
    21. I savor life’s simplest pleasures.
    22. I save 10% of my income each month.
    23. I spend time at art galleries.
    24. I walk in the woods.
    25. I write thank you letters to those who’ve helped me.
    26. I forgive.
    27. I know that leadership is about influence and impact.
    28. I create unforgettable moments with those I love.
    29. I have 5 great friends.
    30. I am stunningly polite.
    31. I have unplugged my TV.
    32. I have sold my TV.
    33. I read daily.
    34. I read good news.
    35. I am content with what I have.
    36. I pursue my dreams.
    37. I am authentic.
    38. I am passionate.
    39. I say sorry when I know I should.
    40. I celebrate all moments.
    41. I have a vision for my life.
    42. I know my strengths.
    43. I focus my mind on the good.
    44. I am patient.
    45. I am persistent.
    46. I clean up.
    47. I use impeccable words.
    48. I travel more.
    49. I read “As You Think”.
    50. I honor my parents.
    51. I tip well.
    52. I am a great teammate.
    53. I learn from critics.
    54. I spend time in the mountains.
    55. I know my top 5 values.
    56. I am busy achieving results.
    57. I innovate and iterate.
    58. I listen more.
    59. I am the best person I know.
    60. My life matters.

Basically I have removed the negatives, made it “I am” and present tense. Express gratitude by saying thank you after every statement!

I know its a task, but let’s do it, cheers! :-)

38. Mrs.Vishal says:

Robin.. Great work

I feel really happy after reading your books.. I have read Stunning success and two chapters of “The monk who sold his ferrari” its amazing. It inspires me alot. I live in Pakistan and dont have access to your books, they are not easily available here.. so, whatever stuff i get on internet I read them..Thank you so much..

Take care!!! May God Bless you :)

39. Krishnamohn says:

Great work, I am your fan since “Monk who sold his Ferrari”. Thank you for all your inspiring works. I have added your quotes in my blog.

40. Usha says:

I have read the book The leader who had no Title. Truly inspiring and motivating.

41. Vivek says:

Robin…….

You are great,greater,greatest………….
    I want to have a training from you once in My Life.
    Thanks for such a great books……

Vivek….

42. Mr.Kiran Kumar says:

Your quotes r really inspiring, i had given up my negative thinking after attending workshop of Mr. Bala krishnan at banglore. i could able to notice the changes in myself. After reading ur quotes i got much more clarity to my lyf.

Thankyou

43. perica says:

thank you for everything !!!

44. Prasenjit Singh Bist says:

Warm greetings.

in 2007 my dad gave me the book “who will cry when u will die”; that book had a impact on me and then i read the other books authored by you. I feel you have got a kind of magic, you know you read it and you are glued to it.

But at the same time as a young guy i feel some times there are some points that you mention are very hard to practise, you may wish to do it but still the nature forbids the impulse plays its part and u get off track.

In simple words, i might sound fool but as the buddhist say the root of all pain is desire and the desire is something that defined human kind. or rather is it too wrong to say that pain and only pain makes you believe u are human and u are alive.

Prasenjit Singh Bist

45. raghoba naik says:

Hi,
    I think reason behind no to tv is influence of tv on.us
    Which stops thinking process and accept the things shown on tv
    It will add unwanted tings in. Our brain without our knowledge
    R nailk

46. vetri chelvan ph; 98948 99510 says:

robin sharmaa is a very nice person in the world ! he light the LIGHT IN MY LIFE ! HE GAVE ME A MEANINGFUL TO ME !

47. vetri chelvan ph; 98948 99510 says:

RESPECTED ROBIN ! REALLY YOUR WRITINGS ARE VERY WONDERFUL ! AND ALSO I APPRICIATE YOU TO TRANSLATE YOUR BOOKS IN TAMIL LANGUAGE ALSO ! THOSE ARE VERY NICE !

IN YOUR LIFE TIME PLEASE READ ATLEAST ONE TIME THE GREAT TAMIL MOTIVATION BOOK “THIRUK KURAL” THAT BOOK …. REALLY ADMIRE YOU ! AND YOU QUOTE THAT BOOK WHEN YOU WRITE A TAMIL
    BOOK. THEN YOU SEE THE SELLING RATIO !

THANKING YOU,

YOURS LOVINGLY DR.VETRI CHELVAN, PH 98948 99510

48. [...] people in leading an extraordinary life. In my opinion, if you want a great life then do read “60 Tips for a Stunningly Great Life” by Robin Sharma and get [...]

49. A point of Light says: