60 TIPS FOR A STUNNINGLY GREAT LIFE

I want to shift gears from leadership to a pure focus on crafting an exceptional life for this blog post. Ultimately, life goes by in a blink. And too many people live the same year 80 times. To avoid getting to the end and feeling flooded regret over a live half-lived, read (and then apply) these tips:

1. Exercise daily.

2. Get serious about gratitude.

3. See your work as a craft.

4. Expect the best and prepare for the worst.

5. Keep a journal.

6. Read “The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin”.

7. Plan a schedule for your week.

8. Know the 5 highest priorities of your life.

9. Say no to distractions.

10. Drink a lot of water.

11. Improve your work every single day.

12. Get a mentor.

13. Hire a coach.

14. Get up at 5 am each day.

15. Eat less food.

16. Find more heroes.

17. Be a hero to someone.

18. Smile at strangers.

19. Be the most ethical person you know.

20. Don’t settle for anything less than excellence.

21. Savor life’s simplest pleasures.

22. Save 10% of your income each month.

23. Spend time at art galleries.

24. Walk in the woods.

25. Write thank you letters to those who’ve helped you.

26. Forgive those who’ve wronged you.

27. Remember that leadership is about influence and impact, not title and accolades.

28. Create unforgettable moments with those you love.

29. Have 5 great friends.

30. Become stunningly polite.

31. Unplug your TV.

32. Sell your TV.

33. Read daily.

34. Avoid the news.

35. Be content with what you have.

36. Pursue your dreams.

37. Be authentic.

38. Be passionate.

39. Say sorry when you know you should.

40. Never miss a moment to celebrate another.

41. Have a vision for your life.

42. Know your strengths.

43. Focus your mind on the good versus the lack.

44. Be patient.

45. Don’t give up.

46. Clean up your messes.

47. Use impeccable words.

48. Travel more.

49. Read “As You Think”.

50. Honor your parents.

51. Tip taxi drivers well.

52. Be a great teammate.

53. Give no energy to critics.

54. Spend time in the mountains.

55. Know your top 5 values.

56. Shift from being busy to achieving results.

57. Innovate and iterate.

58. Speak less. Listen more.

59. Be the best person you know.

60. Make your life matter.

Robin Sharma is the author of the #1 international bestseller “The Leader Who Had No Title” (Simon & Schuster). Pass this list on to a friend by using the tools below.

851 Responses to “60 TIPS FOR A STUNNINGLY GREAT LIFE”

1. Tracey J says:

Robin I want to marry you :)

2. arun pal singh says:

I have read the book “The Leader who have no Title”, and just completed it. Really amazing.

3. pawan kumar sharma says:

This is really amazing to live a better life….
    i am going to follow it……..

4. ramyaa says:

why should we avoid the news????
    tell y

5. saravanan says:

hello sir! your books and your tips are very usefull me and i also help to others for their improvements. thank you sir. i bless you.

6. VIVEK T N says:

Dear Sir,

I am a die hearted fan of you,i am following all the points of you,i loved your book “THE GREATENESS GUIDE” I will spend 1.5 hors daily reading that, sir but.! have one doupt which you need to give me a solution, why are you saying that to not listen to news…!

7. RAJESH KUMAR says:

You are my GURU….
    You are my Good Guider……..
    I follow your Advice for my better life……….
    Shortly i will succesed my life and meet you……………

Thanks & Regards
    Rajesh Kumar

8. Kishor Ranpariya(India) says:

This is really amazing to live a better life….
    i am going to follow it……..

Thang Sirji..

9. Gustav Gårdlund says:

This is Big Robin, Thank you so mutch!

10. Sabrina (Mauritius) says:

I find your tips really inspiring and I cannot spend a day without reading your books.

I trust that I will also find my own truth.

11. [...] 60 TIPS FOR A STUNNINGLY GREAT LIFE by Robin Sharma [...]

12. BIPEN says:

SIR……HATS OFF TO U……THANKS FOR GUIDING THE YOUTHS BY PUBLISHING SUCH VALUABLE BOOKS. I HAVE BECOME A FAN OF U. THANKING U A LOT

13. Robin, you tips are always inspiring and helpful. thank a lots.

14. Diankar Dey says:

Great only if I can follow these.

But, great is your thought.

15. Vikesha says:

Dear Sir,

Its been only 2 weeks that i hve started to read The Greatness Guide,,which my friend gifted me for my 20th birthday.To tell u the truth the best gift i have ever received and i adore u sir for your great thinking and writing.I am trying my best to adopt your teachings in life.

Thanks and Regards

Vikesha

16. mkv says:

It ‘s vital of life. we should follow it.

17. sunny ambardar says:

it has been almost six month i have started reading your books and i am highly thankful for bringing a great transformation in my life.
    it gives ecstasy while reading the profound content with enriched knowledge in your books.
    My heartiest thanks to you…………..

Warm Regards
    Sunny Ambardar

18. M KUMAR says:

i am going to follow your guidlines

19. Dharmendra kr. Aarya says:

Hi, sir, you are amazing. Your words are full of inspiration. They motivate me always. But sir, some of the points you mentioned here i couldn’t understand. Literally, i don’t get why should i sell my tv and avoid the news. Btw, i loved it and thanks for being my inspiration Robin.

20. Patrick Pami says:

Your material is simply amazing. Am beginning to see and feel a change in me. Baby steps yes…a step at a time..thank God for you.

21. Suma says:

I read your book “Monk who sold his ferrari” and it was an amazing book to started me thinking. I am able to achieve my 1% wins everyday. I started reading all your other books. I have seen a lot of transformation in my thinking and started to enjoy and experience life. Thanks for helping others with your great knowledge.

22. sandesh says:

“Who will cry when you die ” ,this book has changed my life . Thank you.
    your fan
    sandesh salunke.

23. Think! says:

All this without a savior,Jesus Christ is a life lived in vain, what a wast of time!

24. SK Chew says:

Very simple points, yet such sagely advise. Inspiring. Easy to understand. But difficult to follow unless one has set ones goals, have strong discipline, determination and total commitment. Thank you Robin.

25. Shandra says:

I’m having a challenge with #14 but I’m working on it!

26. Snehal says:

You are really doing an amazing work. Is there any way that I can work in your team? I’d love to.

27. [...] 60 Tips for A Stunningly Great Life – Robin [...]

28. Avoiding the news is paramount to living a happy life! I gave it up about 10 years ago, and stopped having nightmares, began sleeping better, and quit being a worry-wart! It made a HUGE difference in my level of happiness!

29. Hira Gulroo says:

Thanks for En-lighting, Mr, Sharma, I have been reading your book The Greatness Guide, and then i start listening to the audio book, the way you read it is very astute , and impact is 10 folds. Thanks for great guidance.

30. Julio Cesar says:

why do I have to tip taxi drivers well?

31. Chandra khadka says:

hi robin, the greatest guide is a wonderful palace of self realisation each chapter makes me to think….
    thanks a ton..

32. Jean (South africa) says:

Hi Mr Sharma, I read your book- The Monk who sold his Ferrari and was very inspired.
    I am looking forward to seeing you in South Africa in February 2013.
    God Bless and Take Care!

33. Mayan hoax says:

Thanks in support of sharing such a pleasant thought, paragraph is nice, thats
    why i have read it entirely

34. Str says:

I guess,
    Avoiding news is for getting less stressed. Some people would lose hope.
    Tip taxi drivers well will make you learn to be generous. This feeds your soul, and makes you, unconsciencely, happy.

35. Nandha Kumar says:

Truly amazing points.
    Thanks for your ever lasting inspiration Robin.

Wishing you a Great New year, 2013, Let more people get to know you and get inspired by you and lead a Happy life.

36. Michelle says:

Thanks Robin, this is great, I always use these lists in the beginning of year to plan out the year and set goals, you’re the best!!!

37. Goar Blanco says:

Gracias, excellent way of thinking!

38. vivek says:

I have great difficulty with #44

39. Jade says:

Your work is truly amazing. Your ideas/views on life make complete sense.

40. I really had been searching for plans for my personal
    blog site and uncovered your own post, “60 TIPS FOR A STUNNINGLY GREAT LIFE | Robin Sharma’s Blog”, do you really mind in cases where I really work with many of your own tips? Thanks ,Sherry

41. wayne says:

Thank you Robin, I love your books and thank you for all you have inspired me to do!

42. amey patil says:

i am a student of 12th science
    ur ”who will cry when you die ? ” book taught me alot ur thinking is very great
    u save me from a suicide thnks friend

43. danielle says:

First let me thank you for all the things you share with us. When I read what you write it always makes me smile and think differently.
    I want to ask you something, what do you do if someone lied to you?
    I knew that he is a liar but I am a peaceful person so I just want to let him learn a lesson.
    Thank you robin.
    Kind regards

44. sara says:

i am verry happy to know you,you are the best and i want to be like you but my probleme is the language i can’t read in english, i mean i can’t understand all but i try to learnt just for read your books. i am from algeria.thank you sara

45. Shakti Nayan says:

All i wanna say to u, Mr.Robin Sharma is “Thankyou” :)

46. [...] har två intressanta (i mitt tycke) tips för dig som är intresserad av att leva ditt bästa liv samt för dig som är intresserad av kostdebatten som ständigt rasar i vårt [...]

47. keldhen says:

YOU ARE REALLY NOT WALKING ON THIS PLANET IN VAIN BECAUSE YOU HAVE GUIDED US. THANK YOU.

48. manika says:

dear robin sir u r really a great person..the guidance n motivation u r providing to us is really appreciable..your thoughts r powerful n full of positivity…sir u n ur great books r not only guiding us but also teaching us an art of living life with hope n inspiration…u r really a true hero…god bless u sir.

49. varma says:

one day iam journy I get the greatness G-2 its mind blowing my mind set is totally changed mr sharma please mr sharma I want talk to you 9440871125