#1 bestselling author of The Leader Who Had No Title
As I sit here on a glorious day during late Summer, I reflect on what it means to be human…
My thoughts are offered with humility. These are just my observations based on the best of my understanding.
To be human means:
– to stand for your dreams + heart’s desires and deepest values no matter what stones those who do not understand may toss at you.
– to wake up each day radiating hope, strength, wisdom and love, regardless of whether your’e at the peak of the mountain or lost in the valley of disruption.
– to find the blessings of your work and notice the dignity within it, whether you run a nation, lead a family, drive a taxi, teach a class, dig graves or bake bread.
[To all my friends in JoBurg, please find the janitor in the men’s WC/restroom at the airport and tell him his shining example of leadership + decency still walks with me to this day – I’d really appreciate him knowing how much he matters to me].
– to look for the good in every person you encounter, and to celebrate it without the expectation of any return.
– to live life on your own terms, even if all around you call you weird, strange, crazy or a fool.
– to go to the edges of what you believe to be possible on a daily basis. Our growth and the full realization of our human potential lies in licking the razor’s edge often. In other words, fear is just an illusion that gets torn down via your bravery.
– to be creative and make things that are important to the expression of genius that you have been born into. We come alive when we produce value we are happy to offer to the world.
– to be around people who understand us, who cherish us, who honor us, who witness all we are becoming and who love us as we are.
– to know that all it takes is one person, devoted to standing in the fire of doubt/insecurity by doing their inner work, to lift all of us by their gorgeous example.
I write this with a heart committed to serving you, to inspiring your loftiest ambitions, to reminding you of your brilliance and encouraging you to make this coming week a week of courage + mastery + compassion + festivity.
Until my last breath, I’ll be here to push for you to absolutely realize all that you are.
Your fan always,